Word of Mouth Tree Service's arborists can determine the type of pruning necessary to maintain or improve the health, appearance, and safety of trees. Pruning techniques include removing limbs that:
- interfere with utilities or structures
- obstruct streets or sidewalks
- are dead, weak, or decayed and pose unacceptable risk
- are diseased or insect-infected
- have been damaged by storms
- will increase light penetration and reduce wind resistance within the canopy upon removal (thinning)
Other pruning techniques are used to maintain proper structure in young trees, improve tree shape or form, and reduce the likelihood of future damage during storm events.